- Communication with Venue Medical Director (VMD) regarding potential head injuries as part of the League’s Medical Sideline Review (MSR) protocol.
- Recognize visual signs of potential head injuries as outlined by MLS concussion protocols.
- Assisting in the concussion protocol process by providing clipped videos and additional information to Club medical staff through the MSR monitor system.
- Be available for a minimum of 20 matches per season.
- Alert MLS Medical and VMD of any potential injury that may require medical attention.
- Complete post-match form for each clipped video/incident or match as needed.
- Communicate with League MSR Supervisor as necessary.
- Complete League sponsored and mandatory education program
- Maintain League provided equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from an accredited CAATE athletic training education program.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a certified athletic trainer (ATC) or sports medicine experience with equivalent or higher education.
- Current NATABOC certification.
- Current state licensure in practicing state.
- Understanding of head injuries and management.
- Recognition of on-field evaluations.
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally for visual signs of the MLS Spotter Program
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated decision making and solutions oriented
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of rules regarding medical for the sport of soccer.
- Knowledge of soccer competition rules.
- Previous experience communicating with medical doctors (MD) and doctor of osteopathy (DO).
- Knowledge of Snapstream, GuestAssist, SmartSheets, Excel, and other software programs.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed